The Automatic Splicing Machine You Need
JM Equipment’s automatic splicing machine brings a design that you can rely on. Our GMC High Speed Automatic Splicer gives a high percentage of successful splices without error. This can help you to reduce paper waste, enhance corrugator productivity, and improve final board quality. With every splicer we sell going through a quality control check to ensure they function at optimum levels, you can be sure that they will last for years to come. Thanks to a special pneumatic control system, the automatic splicing machine we offer can splice a wide variety of grades of paper, meaning any task you set upon it is done with ease.
The GMC High Speed Automatic Splicer:
- Reduces paper waste
- Increases overall corrugator productivity
- Reduces reliance on operator
- Improves overall board quality
- Reduces paper breakages
- Reduces downtime on the corrugator
- Accelerator roll included with the dancer assembly which is air driven for smooth powering.
- Ease of thread up even with the use of a dual dancer assembly for higher splicing speeds.
- Superior bonding at the splice tape position with unique design of the nip assembly results in higher reliability of splicing even with poor grade papers.
- Closed loop control system continuously adjusts rollstand brakes for exact inertia compensation and web tension control.
- Pneumatic system specially designed to allow splicer to handle low grades of paper.
- Low speed splicers can be upgraded to higher speeds in future.
- Proven splice reliability of over 99 percent.
- User friendly with local languages and icon signs.
- Fast and easy to install.
- Safe and easy to operate.
- Requires minimum maintenance.
- Designed for interface to plant’s wet end control computer.
- Space requirement based on machine category is one of the smallest in the industry today.
- Wide variety of models to accommodate plant’s production requirements and widths.
- Paper waste savings – the paper waste per splice is less than 10cm compared to at least 10 meters using manual splicing which gives rise to misalignment and excess use of glue. The end of roll waste can be drastically reduced as the operator can splice in close to the time the paper runs out from the core. Butt rolls can be used to splice in for the order instead of being wasted.
- Increased productivity – the splicer can splice at its maximum rated speed, which is normally close to the corrugator running speed. This is compared to zero or very low speeds when using manual splice. If the wet end runs in the plant are short, the installation of splicers alone can improve the corrugator average speed by up to 35%.
- Fewer paper breakages – the splicer uses its integral tension control system to control the rollstand brakes. With its pneumatic system, it minimizes the tension effect on the paper at time of splice and prevents the paper from breaking. This affects the productivity of the corrugator as well as reduces the paper waste due to corrugator stops.
- Reduces operator reliance – the operator only needs to prepare or arm the splicer with a new paper roll and he pushes a button to activate the splice. This work is less demanding than performing a manual splice where the operator’s priority is to make the splice go through but neglects alignment and experiences quality issues due to physical constraints. With the automatic tension-controlled splicer, the operator’s responsibilities on the rollstands are reduced as the splicers perform that function and their tasks become more quality related on the other equipment.
- Improves board quality – warp due to tension is drastically reduced as the automatic splicer will even out and control the web tension. Due to less requirement to slow down the speed of the corrugator and fewer stops during production, the quality of board produced will improve.
- Qualified and experienced engineers provide after sales support.